Thursday, September 15, 2005

My Hungarian Tutor


Had my first official (post-orientation) Hungarian lesson today from Eva, the woman on the left in the picture. She teaches Hungarian, is a painter, student, photographer, dancer and former sandwich delivery person (in London). Next she wants to move to Jordan to teach scuba diving. hmmm. She's a friend of a friend of a fulbright-friend. In the picture she is selling some of her spray-painted sunset scenes on the main shopping street near my flat. Im not a big fan of the work, but apparently it sells quite well to Americans. She has made about $3,000 so far in two months or so, which really has me thinking that i should start painting again and set up shop. anyways, she seems sweet, and helpful with my Hungarian, mostly just chit chatted. She wanted to know if Indiana is like the television show 'Dallas'---can we please export newer and better televisions shows than this? The second question was why we voted for George Bush, which I wasn't quite sure what to say, since I didn't vote for him---so friends and family that did, can you help me with an explanation, please?


The Number of Times Betsy Has Checked Her Own Blog