Saturday, September 17, 2005

I'm a Hungarian Movie Star


I've always been one to pursue fame over fortune, and today I might have just used up 3 of my alotted 15 minutes. A film crew (or TV crew, I couldnt really tell) were pretty much camped out filming in the lobby of our apartment building (which is quite gorgeous) most of this evening. Definately a Hungarian show and not Steven Spielberg-- who is in town filming "Munich"--Budapest is serving as the backdrop for shots of Paris. So there I was, walking back and forth in the lobby with jeans and a sweater, hopefully looking sufficiently Hungarian for the TV cameras. If I only knew what the movie was. Oh well.

For those of you that are concerned about my procrastination tactics, I have good news to report: I managed to work on my National Science Foundation grant proposal for about 6 hours today, when i wasnt starring in the film downstairs (and it is Saturday!). I feel as though I have found a bit of a groove, so hopefully I can continue on with this and crank out a bit tomorrow. NSF has a rolling deadline for applications, so been a bit hard to motivate without a solid deadline.

on a random research note, if anyone knows about html coding using iso-8859-2 characters (allows for all of the funky hungarian vowels) please let me know. I'm starting to code my web survey.

The rains came last night and the weather turned cold. I'm hoping my boxes of sweaters shows up any day now! Tomorrow high of 63 F with 90% chance of rain. good day to work on nsf app.

Go Hoosiers, I see that the Hoosiers are up ten-nuttin' to the kentucky kats, perhaps we will be better this year, now if only duke could win a game! Oh wait, i just checked the score and Duke did win, 40-14 over VMI, incredible! Why is it that I have never attended a decent football school (wooster, indiana, duke)? perhaps that should be one of the criterion for selecting where i get my first professorship----USC, Texas, Tennessee, LSU, Virginia Tech...............

take care, off to bed. love, bets

0 Provocations:

Post a Comment

<< Home


The Number of Times Betsy Has Checked Her Own Blog