Monday, June 01, 2009

back at it




Pink 12" by 12" $100

It was about a year ago that I last posted on my blog, when I was in the throes of dissertation writing. Now I have finished the Ph.D. (yeah!), defended April 9th, revised and resubmitted April 24th, and walked with the cap and gown on May 10th.

Since graduation I have once again started painting more actively--with a show at Broad St. Cafe in September and a sale of some small stuff at Seeds fundraiser 'Art Grows in Durham' on Saturday, June 6th. I am transitioning this blog from what was once a blog about my Hungarian experience to now an outlet for my creative (or not so) ramblings on my post Ph.D. life. It will be part artwork and thoughts of works by other artists, part political ramblings, with an emphasis on the issues of the environment and climate change, a slice of academic job hunting, the occasional literary review, the status of my development of a new facebook carpool application and probably a whole lot of irrelevant jottings on the state of the world as viewed from the eyes, ears, nose and mouth of a 30-something PhD-holding woman who strives to live off her art until she lands THE-EVER-ELUSIVE-academic job.

To keep myself occupied in my post-dissertation existence, I am reading two books a week (one fiction, one non-fiction) while continuously plugging through David Foster Wallace’s tome ‘Infinite jest’. at the end of each week i hope to scratch down my thoughts on the books....this week it's 'girl with curious hair' by david foster wallace, and 'the history of the 20th century'.

painting sales---these two are for sale. the top one, 'pink' is 12 by 12 inches, oil on canvas and sells for a hundred. the one below 'mind' is approx. 30 by 24 and goes for 300. the flower one i painted quickly for 'art grows in durham. havent given it a price, and not sure i like it. all prices are negotiable. discounts for multiple purchases. will paint on demand. leave comment on blog or email me if interested.




mind 24" by 30" $300







flower (in progress) for sale at Art Grows in Durham

0 Provocations:

Post a Comment

<< Home


The Number of Times Betsy Has Checked Her Own Blog