Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Procrastination

To go along with the list of foods that I crave, I've decided to keep a list of procrastination tactics that I have used to avoid the dissertation:

1. Writing on my blog (and checking obsessively to see how many people have read my blog).
2. Drinking multiple cappucinos per day
3. Working on a new novel.
4. Walking along the Danube
5. Chatting with the artists on Vaci Utca
6. Helping my elderly neighbor Jeanette with fairly mundane tasks (today was how to operate the elevator, no joke)
7. Going to the neighborhood grocery store daily (Match)
8. Chatting with the guys at the produce market, helping me learn all of the herbs in Hungarian
9. Losing in chess against my computer
10. Emailing excessively to friends, family and random writers and literary figures (who by and large have responded to my emails).
11. Body surfing in the wave pool at Gellert.
12. Studying Hungarian
13. Talking on Skype
14. Hopping on random trams/busses just to see where they take me.
15. Shopping at IKEA
16. Chatting with the Hare Krishnas on Vaci Utca (dont worry i havent been converted yet)
17. Dinner parties for fulbrights
18. Hanging out at galleries and art museums
19. Checking out the revitalized synagogue (largest one in Europe)
20. Reading all published books by Hemmingway (Im almost done with this one).
21. Cooking all of my meals completely from scratch (im joining the slow food movement).
22. Listening to 'state of things' on WUNC to catch up with all the happenings in North Cackalackee http://www.wunc.org/tsot/
23. Following numerous websites about Katrina and the aftermath
24. Fixing the dates on my blog as I have received numerous complaints from linear time-obsessed folks.
25. Checking out the auctions 'round town, in search of a funkified antique-esque lounge chair for my sitting room.
26. Work on my policy positions for my bid for the US Senate in 2012.

3 Provocations:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop it. Get busy writing. This is not your mother, This is your worst nightmare. This is someone who knows about procrastination.

You will be relieved when you work on the Damn thing

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Policy Analyst said...

and which 'worst nightmare' is this. i have several. -bets

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger bonafidesupraman said...

#27: Commenting other blogs... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


The Number of Times Betsy Has Checked Her Own Blog